söndag 31 oktober 2010

Swedoween activities

Well despite it not being an official holiday for the Swedes - it turns out that there were celebrations of the Halloween variety to experience this weekend.  In the grocery store yesterday there was a young gal with a witch hat on, and last night I went to a Halloween party - which conveniently was just a few buildings down from mine :)  I also went to the jazz festival on Friday night with Ben - another friend from the boreal forest course - although there was no halloween ambience there!

It seems that Saturdays are big shopping days in Sweden (stores close early 3 or 4 at the latest!) and there is NO shopping on Sundays - this will take some getting used to ;)  Etsuko, Petter, and I as you can see made out well in the shopping dept and each came home with a pair of shoes (which apparently I am supposed to keep in their box so I can claim back the tax I paid on them when I leave the EU?) :)  I also found a cheap dress for my halloween 'costume' (it was a weak attempt!).

Shopping downtown - mmmm shopping (not cheap though!)
Etsuko and Petter just renovated their kitchen and I got to enjoy a delicious Japanese meal with them prior to Halloween party festivities - I really must get to the gym with all of the good food I've been enjoying!
The chef's in action - I love their aquamarine glass tile backsplash!

Dessert decadence - yum - including my 'witch finger' cookies :)


Etsuko (2010 attire) and me (circa 1980 - legwarmers included)
At the party we had Lady Gaga (I didn't even recognize Maja!), reggae man, and more :)  A good time was had by all as you can see in the pictures - lots of dancing to old dance music - which fit with the era of my outfit - I had to resort to going back to the 80's for a costume - which in reality is the 2010's - it seems like the 80's are back - I looked rather like a lot of people I have seen walking around town - who were NOT in costume!
Ghouls and Gagas

 
The Party Hosts
 
 Now I'm off for Halloween supper with Michael, Kelly, and their two kids.  A great weekend!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar