onsdag 10 november 2010

Biking in a Winter Wonderland!

Hej!
Well I went to bed last night with just a light dusting of snow and awoke to Winter Wonderland!  WOW!  This is what I was pleasantly surprised to see from my bedroom window:


Meanwhile, since arriving here I had been thinking about whether I should get a bike or not - the paths are everywhere and everyone has a bike and I thought it would be a nice way to get around town.  However, only being here a short time and mostlly in the snow I thought - maybe not such a great idea - walking works too!  Especially when a very average cruiser bike will run you 150.00 and putting spike tires on makes it even more crazy expensive.  So after a visit to the second hand bikeshop that had plain OLD bikes for ~200 I figured I would stick to walking.  Then as luck would have it, I was out at the pub last Friday (the walk downtown was about half an hour) and my friend Natalie explained that she had not one but TWO bikes that had been given her to use :)  So she doubled her boyfriend back home and I rode one of her bikes home (took only 10 minutes max!) and then when he left at the end of the weekend I scored the use of this bike - it's quite possibly an antique - although rides pretty decent overall - although not sure when the last time I used a back-pedal-braking bike - grade five maybe?!
Biking in minus 12 on Monday  before the big snow fall - brrrr!!!


Me after my blustery ride in this morning!
Anyhow, with the sight of the snow this morning I was excited to try out the concept of biking in the snow (the day before I biked in minus 12 with my snowpants on - so why not!).  Well needless to say I was a swerving mad-woman out there and in the end I think I likely pushed my bike more than I rode it!  So I left the spinning to IKSU work-out for the rest of the day and walked home.  You can see just how much snow fell today!  I will dig out my bike tomorrow - after they have hopefully sanded and plowed - b/c it is super duper slippery out there - even when walking in my winter boots I almost fell multiple times!  Kind of amusing watching everyone trying to walk and having near misses!
How much snow fell today!

Hej do!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar