onsdag 24 november 2010

I've got mail :)

Hej, A couple more sleeps and I'm off to Spain - above zero and more than 6 hours of daylight!!!  I'm just taking a lunch break in my office - perhaps only the second time I've actually sat down in here!  I am eating my lunch in here today for a change - I realize that it is very North American of me, given that EVERYONE here is in the Fika room eating their lunch!  But instead I decided to spend some time with my laptop and enter my latest round of data (feeling a bit disappointed at the lack of exciting results thus far!).

Anyhow, just wanted to report on my mail status :)  Yesterday when I arrived home I was pleased to discover that I had gotten a card from my sister - I had guessed on what area code I needed doing some googling and apparently it works - so the good news is if you are one of those people who gets their Christmas card in the mail by christmas time then you can send mine here :)

Pedagoggrand 11C, Apt. 201
90 730 Umea
SWEDEN

As Jenaya can attest from our days of writing crazy long letters back and forth during our formative years when I was in boarding school and she was home in Edmonton, I am a HUGE fan of the old-fashioned mail system and love the excitement of getting mail (when it's not bills!).  Of course emails are also most welcome - whatever your preference :)

Life is good in Sweden, as always, and this morning with fresh snow having fallen I was pleasantly surprised to discover that indeed the bike paths had already been plowed - so on my trusty old bike (hasn't failed me yet!) I ventured into school incident free :)  Tonight I am going to join the 'knitting cafe' group and see if I can venture beyond the comfort zone of my nifty knitter and somehow make mittens and a hat with a 'simple and easy' knitting pattern Kelley gave me - we shall see! 

For now it's back to the lab work.  This morning that consisted of taking super fine ground forest floor (looks like cocoa but not nearly as tasty I would imagine) and trying to put it into tiny little 2.5 ml vials - good times... Not so much ;)  I am always amazed at how I seem to be able to make more mess doing any task, than anyone else in the lab does!  Good thing they like me here so they tolerate my messiness ;)  But not to worry - the dirty dishes don't stay dirty long - I put them in the dishwasher - have I told you lately how I heart my dishwasher (ha - I only wish it were mine and I could transport it back to the Quideau lab before I do all my labwork there in the new year! ;)
Look forward to my christmas cards - hint hint!  Hej da!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar